Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's Been a While. And Voodoo Doughnuts.

It's been too long since I updated the blog so I'm just making myself put something out there.

Recently got back from an awesome road trip with the GF and her mom. We went to Seattle to see Paul freakin' McCartney! It was such a sweet show, that man is getting up there in years but still ROCKS and throws off this boyish vibe. About 1/3 of the way through the show I proposed to my lady and she said yes! I'm pretty damn stoked to be engaged to the coolest chick I've ever met. You could say I'm winning at life.

We stayed with some family of hers and they were cool peeps. One of the most exciting things (besides getting engaged and seeing a goose-bump producing concert) was that we stopped in Portland, OR and got Voodoo Doughnuts!

OMFG, Voodoo Doughnuts! I got a maple bacon doughnut that sounds iffy but was the best damn doughnut I've ever experienced. So flippin' good! We got an assortment of delicious treats from a "Cock and Balls" to a "Dirty Ol' Bastard" and they were all very good, but man I wish I had got dozens of the maple bacon ones.

If you're ever within 100 miles of Voodoo, I'd say its worth the trip. Now that I'm back home I'm just gonna have to improvise my own maple bacon bar. Mmmm the experimenting should be delightful as experimenting often is...

No comments:

Post a Comment