Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mizithra Cheese

In a previous post about The Old Spaghetti Factory, I mentioned that one of my favorite meals there is the Mizithra and Browned Butter over pasta. I have been in love with this dish for years and used to try to recreate it at home, but I couldn't find actual Mizithra anywhere but OSF. (You can buy it in small bags from them but from what I remember it was a bit expensive.) Recently my lady found it at Whole Foods and brought some home.
 I've been eating one of the best pasta dishes around at home! It tastes just like at Old Spaghetti Factory, maybe even a little bit better because I can put even more delicious Mizithra if I want.

Mizithra is a traditional cheese made in Greece. It may also become the name of my first child...

Pasta with browned butter and a pile of Mizithra Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment